Cooper has taught me many lessons since Jake has died and the most important lessons is unconditional love. He knows Jake made some wrong decisions and that is what took him away and he still loves him so much. He does get upset sometimes because he misses him and didn't get enough time to know him, but he spends time with his Scott family (as he calls them) and that makes things much easier because he learns about Jake through them and he can see how special he is because he gets to have all of his families who love him so much. I am so thankful for the Scott's and how great they have been by including Cooper in everything and letting him know how much he is loved my them and Jake. I hope Cooper continues to grow and learn and be such a wonderful kid and continues to teach people about his life lessons instead of let them get him down.
Tuesday
Happy Birthday Jake!
Today would have been Jake's 26th birthday. Jake is Cooper's biological father who passed away two years ago. I think it's really important to help Cooper remember him and remember the important lessons Jake's short life has taught him. We take things to his grave for almost every holiday and it has been really neat to watch Cooper pick out what he thinks is the perfect thing to place on the headstone. I love seeing how excited he gets when he finds that perfect thing and how proud he is because he knows Jake will love it. Cooper cracks me up because when he picks things out ladies start asking him questions and he tells them as it is and informs them what happened. I love watching their faces. I look at them and they look at me and then I see the look in their eyes like "Wow I didn't expect that little boy to teach me such a big lesson". Then usually they say something like "I know he'll like that and he is watching over you." Cooper looks at them and usually says "I know." I love it.
He picked out those balloons all by himself. The Mylar balloon has a motorcycle on it and it says "Happy Birthday". If you look closely at the picture on the right side of the headstone under the flowers you can see a heart picture frame that says "Love Ya" with Coops picture in it. He left that on Valentines Day last year and it has stayed there since. The red dragon he picked out on Fathers Day. He loves that dragon so much. I think next time we go we'll bring it home with us since he likes to take home the things he picks out and keep them around as a reminder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is really cool... what a sweet boy and lucky to have a great mom to take care of him.
I missed you guys too last week and this week at Trint's game Aurora was asking about Ryder, you know they are only a year apart there could be a love connection!
We'll see ya tomarrow!
That is really neat that you keep Jake in his mind. I think that is something that he will learn from, especially these days.
I had no idea that Cooper's real dad had passed away. I think that it is so awesome that you do those things to keep his memory alive. These days sometimes the best interest of the child is forgotten, so you should feel good with what you are doing! :^)
Wow thanks for the good cry! Thats special that he likes to pick stuff out like that. Jake was a great guy!
It was good to see you we need to get together at the park or something!
Jessica, You are so sweet to post about Jake. I think it is still so painful for our family that it is hard to even write a post. So thanks for saying what we all needed to hear today. We love Cooper so much he reminds us soooo much of Jake. Tell Mike Thanks for being so supportive of our Relationship with him. Call me so we can talk GLITTER TOES 722-9053
Alright I cried, laughed and cried some more. Words can not express how greatful I am to have you all in our lives. A grandfather could not wish for a better father for his grandson under these unfortuate conditions. Mike is great. Jessica we love you.
Cooper keep smiling your special smurf smile- we love it. Jake is proud of you
Love Grandpa Butch
What a great post Jessica. You are such a great mother, and I think it is awesome that you and Cooper honor his dad together.
Thanks for that post Jessica! It is still really hard for us to go to the grave but everytime we go it means so much to us to see that Cooper has been there everytime. I know that Jake looks down and see's all of Cooper's things that he leaves on the grave and I am sure that it means so much to him.
Thanks for letting Cooper be apart of our family!
Post a Comment