Thursday

TuBeS

Ryder has had 3 or 4 ear infections since the end of January so his pediatrician suggested we go see the ear/nose/throat Dr. to see what he thought about tubes for his ears. We got right in. The Dr. suggested tubes and I agreed. We set the date and he got tubes a week and a half later. He was so cute. He was so brave. The only time he got nervous was when they had to put the SAT monitor on his finger. He jumped and was a little scared, but soon got over it. After they did his vital signs we went back to the chair and put on this cute little gown.

He was so funny. All he wanted to do was lay on the floor so he could look under the curtain. Lucky there were no neighbors changing their clothes. Soon they brought him a bear and before we knew it the wagon arrived. He jumped right in and tucked his bear under the blanket and off we went. While we were waiting for the Dr to come talk to us he got bored and was trying to jump out of the wagon. While we were waiting everyone would walk by and comment of his big brown eyes. He was loving all the attention. He wasn't in surgery long. It only took about 20 min and then we were called back to him. When we got back there he was crying. He wasn't crying because he was in pain, but because he hated the SAT monitor that was on his toe. He was grabbing that cord and trying to rip it off and he wasn't glad it wasn't coming off. After we got that thing off and the cartoons on he drank a couple of glasses of apple juice and we were out of there. I thought maybe this little procedure would slow him down a bit for at least the day, but I was wrong. You never would have know he had anything done. As a matter of fact he was his wild little self and gave himself a black eye by pulling a antenna box over on his face. I didn't even know he did it since he didn't cry. I found out when I went to put his ear drops in. Needless to say he didn't sleep very well that night. I figured it was because he was in pain, but your guess is as good as mine if it was because of his ears or eye. He is one wild child!

5 comments:

Jodie Davis said...

I am glad that he is feeling better! We have been able to avoid the tubes so far!

Anonymous said...

I hope the tubes do good for him! Addi had tubes and she never got another ear infection, but I have heard that some kids still get them after!

Brittney said...

I forgot that you went private! And I should have remembered since I'm private too, Anyway, that's too bad that he had to get tubes, but glad that it all went well. He looks so cute sitting there in that chair! Hope he's not getting any more ear aches!

Anonymous said...

Hope the tubes help! I've heard good things about them!! Have fun on your trip...can't wait to see pics!

Kristen said...

Ahh- He is such a cutie! My boys have never had ear infections (knock on wood) but pretty much every thing else... Hopefully it all works out!