Thursday

aLoHa!

When I was little I didn't always love having a brother who played in a baseball tournament on almost all the holiday. I have to admit all of those baseball tournaments really paid off. If Riley didn't play baseball I don't think I would ever get a vacation and this vacations tops them all. Hawaii was awesome. Here are some things we did while we were in Waikiki.
Walked out of our hotel and went to the beach everyday!
We got to see a real "live" trophy!
Some guy put Parrots on our heads.

Pearl Harbor was an amazing day. It gave me an even greater respect for all of our men and women in the military. Thanks to you all.

Our fruity drinks

waitress: "non-alcoholic, are you sure?"

(leaves and comes back without drinks)

waitress: "no alcohol? Right?"

Libby: "Yes, were just little Mormon girls from Utah, we really don't want alcohol!"

Sorry, I didn't add any pictures of the ball game. I think we all know what a ball park looks like. Right?

On our last few day we went up to the North Shore. This was my favorite part of the trip. It wasn't as busy as Honolulu and it just looked like what you dream Hawaii should look like. We had so much fun even though everywhere we went there we sign telling up to not leave anything of value in the car or it would get stolen. Luckily we listened and we didn't get anything stolen. The first day I ran to the beach and went snorkeling. It was my favorite thing by far, but I don't have any pictures to post of that until later. Here are some other things we did while we were at the North Shore.


Tahitian dancer at Polynesian Cultural Center


Luau at PCC

Samoan guy showing off his tree climbing skills. PCC

Mormon temple

Us about getting eaten by some waves

Waimea falls ( loved this)

We all had an unbelievable time. It was so awesome. I probably wouldn't have come home if Mike and the kids were there with me. We went shopping so many time, not my fav. , but we still had fun. We brought home so much stuff I didn't think we were going to get it all home. We even brought home a new addition to our family. We went with Riley's girlfriend and come home with his fiance. It was so fun to watch. Thanks Ry for letting us experience the whole thing. It was so much fun and we are so happy for you two. I just have to give a special thanks to my mom for taking me and a really special thanks to Mike for letting me go and watching the kids while I was gone. Also another special thanks to Brady for watching my kids and Randy also she helped with the kids too. I really appreciate all you do.

A perfect end to my trip was my beautiful sign my family had made to welcome me home. It was so sweet and made me tear up a bit. It was so sweet and I was so happy to be home. There is nothing better than getting home and seeing how happy everyone is to see you. Even Ryder dropped everything and ran to me yelling "moooooooom." It was the perfect end to my trip.

3 comments:

jed and leslie said...

I'm glad you came home with us we would have hated to come visit you over and over in Hawaii. J/K it was a grand time and thank you for not posting the parrot on the head picture. Love ya, MOM

Natalie said...

I love that place!! How fun and I love that Riley got engaged too! You made me want to go back and I think I will (in about 20 years!)

Anonymous said...

Oh -- so jealous!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that place and will dream about getting back someday! Looks like you had a blast!! And how sweet that your cute fam had a sign for you to welcome you home .. that's the best!!!