Saturday

CooP'S BaPTiSM!

Cooper got baptized on October 10, 2009. He was so excited and so were we. These are the cute invitations his cute aunt Kenzie made for him. He was lucky enough to be baptized by his dad and have his uncle Brady confirm him. I was amazed at how many people came to share this special day with him. I had to laugh because the primary president didn't know she was supposed to get a count of how many people would be coming and we were over-flowing the room we were in. This isn't a very good picture, but you get the idea. We were all supposed to be writing Coop a little note for this cute book the primary presidency put together for him. (Please note all the guys are just sitting there because they're making their wives write one for them. Just thought that was funny.)
(This is everyone after)

Cooper's cousin Trayven gave a great talk about baptism. I was so grateful he could make it since his mom had just had a baby a day or so before. (I missed the picture of him giving his talk)Mike then preformed the baptism.
After the baptism Cooper's cousin Mazie sang a beautiful song.

Then Riley gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. He shared a great story about listening to the Holy Ghost. I hope Cooper always remembers to do so.Brady then preformed the confirmation. The spirit was so strong. Brady was really nervous, but still did a great job, even if he did end abruptly when he became emotional. Hey that's how the Gordon's roll. We like to keep our emotions to ourselves.
Then Cooper's primary president, Faith Burk gave a talk about "finishing the race" She told him to know that baptism was the first step and to stay on the path and finish the race.
The Bishop Booth said some remarks mostly stating about how much Cooper was loved and to always listen to The Holy Ghost. He then asked Cooper if he would bare his testimony. Cooper quickly said he didn't have one. That got everyone laughing because obviously he had one or he wouldn't have wanted to be baptized.
We all went back to our home for some doughnuts and juice. I had to snap some quick pictures of him with his grand parents. Believe it or not he still had 3 sets of grandparents we missed getting pictures with. Wow, this kid is loved.


Grandma Randy & Grandpa Alan

Me & Mike

Grandma Sherri & Grandpa Butch

I just want to thank everyone for coming and sharing with Coop in this great day.

I love you Cooper. You are one great kid. I couldn't ask for a better one. I just hope you live up to all your greatness and one day teach your brother how to be as patient, loving and as kind as you are. Thank you Cooper for choosing me to be your mom!

3 comments:

leslie said...

Congrats little Coop-man you sure look handsome. Love ya tons, Grandma

Haylee said...

Great Pics Jess...you have the cutest family! Congrats Coop!

Anonymous said...

Who am I to judge, I don't even do a blog but come on all ready and update this! your kids were darling at Christmas and I know you took at least 500 pictures get off facebook and get going. Love ya, MOM