Saturday

uPDaTe oN PoP'S

My dad made it home yesterday. He was so glad to make it home. We all had a little lesson on changing his bandages. I mostly just stood on the side-lines and was the go-for for all their needs, as well as snapped a few pictures. His wounds aren't looking all that great still, but I guess that's just what they look like as they heal. The dressing change took a really long time and he was in a lot of pain by the time we were finished. My dad turned in not long after that and we left a little while later.
When I called my mom this morning she told me they had a really rough night with little sleep. I think the meds make my dad a little crazy. He was hallucinating and my mom was also a little worried about his breathing. We figure it was from the meds so he has cut back some today.
The dressing change this morning went a lot more smoothly. We had him all done and he wasn't even in pain or needing any pills so that was a real improvement.
We decided to start a fast tonight. We are fasting hoping that he will not need a skin graft. As of right now there is a 60% chance he will have to have one. I know he doesn't want one so we will do whatever it takes in order to help him not need one.
We are thankful for everyone who has stopped by or called offering help and prayers for him. We know we are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. We also know we are so blessed to just have my dad here let alone have him doing so well and progressing so nicely. We just want to say thanks to all of you. Keep on praying those prayer I know are what is getting us all through this.

8 comments:

The Gulls said...

Jessica
im so sorry about your dad! We will be thinking about him..hope he gets better fast

Josh & Kenz said...

Jessica
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. We are thinking of you guys! Let me know if you need a babysitter or anything else.

Chase Family said...

Jess, let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys! Im only a minute away:)

Kristen said...

Glad he is doing better! Hopefully he won't need a skin graph, but if he does they aren't too bad. I had one and remember it so well. I remember my dressing changes too when my arm was torn up from my accident and that was one of the most painful parts was getting the dressing changed. Just going slow and keeping the dressing moist as you take it off is what saved me....:) It seems so bad now but it goes by so fast and he'll hardly remember what all the fuss was about. I am sure it is taking it's toll on your family and hope you are all doing good!

Sam and Riley said...

Im so glad that he is home! We will keep praying for him! Good Luck and let us know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of your dad daily and your family. That's just crazy stuff. Glad he is improving and home!!!

Karlee said...

Hey Jess! I wanted to comment before we left for the weekend, but I didn't get a chance. That is so wild what happend to Uncle Jed. I am so glad that he is okay. That could have been really, really bad! I know he is going to be okay... that's going to be a long healing process though! Good thing he's a Gordon boy and they are some of the toughest out there! If he can make it through them shaving off his facial hair then he should be okay! :) We've been thinking about him and all you guys lots and we sure missed you at the campout! This is when I wish I lived closer so I could do something! Tell your dad to hang in there and that we are thinking about and praying for him!!! All of our fingers are crossed about that skin graft!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Soooo glad to hear he is doing a little better! My eyes teared up when i read what happened, but as I read more of your updates I was glad to hear things are improving. Your dad is funny...crackin' jokes like that! :p
Tell him he's in our prayers and can you tell me his Name (sorry I just wanted to put his name down when I go to the Temple today?)

♥Marie